Hooded Merganser

Always enjoy seeing these ducks in breeding plumage.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600mm; 1/640 at f6.3 ISO 320

2 Likes

A very good job on the Merganser, Allen, and I like the reflections. The background might be just a bit too gaudy for the bird-maybe tone it down just a tiny bit?

1 Like

Nice view in habitat. Not that busy, desaturate the color for me as a personal preference.

1 Like

Hi Allen:

Nice image of a very cool duck. Always enjoy seeing these guys. Nice shooting angle and a nice habitat shot.

1 Like

What a beautiful shot of this merganser. I would agree with Dennis and Dan. The color is striking but a bit distracting from the bird so I would agree with toning it down a bit, especially the background. I do love the perspective. The shot clearly shows this beautiful bird’s patterns and color. Very nice.

1 Like

They are a pretty bird and you are getting it at a good time of year. Nice angle and view of the male. I agree on taking the colors down a notch. And nice look at the habitat.

1 Like

Hi Allen, love the fine view of this beauty. Well seen and taken. Also like the bit of habitat included. I could see taking down the vividness of the image just a tad. Very nice.

1 Like

Allen, what a beauty. Love the reflections from your low point of view. I could see it being toned down just a bit as others have suggested. Great shot.

1 Like