House Finch

Not exactly a rare find, but I liked this because he’s starting to show that wonderful breeding plumage quite nicely.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 725 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/9, 1/800, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to a 4x5 with a touch more off-final size 4660x3728. Noise reduction with Neat Image, Feather enhancement with Topaz Detail 3, Minor adjustments to exposures and color temperature. Taken at 11:25 am yesterday.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Nicely composed with the clean background and curved perch. Excellent detail. A common bird, but colorful and a nice addition to the many little brown birds that frequent the feeders. Nice job.

Dennis, this is a great shot of the House Finch. Wonderful colors and details in the feathers. That smooth background really makes him pop. Hoping ours comes back this year. Saw them about a month ago maybe, and none since. Our Bluebirds didn’t come back this year either. Anyway, great shot.

1 Like

Hi Dennis
I just couldn’t let this Finch go without adding a nice job comment to ist. I love the puffed out chest and the red coloring.
Peter