House Finch

A rather common species, but one that I really like, particularly in nice fresh plumage.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 347 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/200, iso 2500, fill flash at -2 2/3 EV. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 3078x3591 before resizing. A couple of twigs cloned over on the right edge. Noise reduction with Neat Image. Taken at 9:04 this morning under overcast skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Surprised no one has commented on this. Really quite a nice image of the finch. The detail looks great, I like the head turn and perch, and the clean background lets the finch pop. As usual, excellent job on noise reduction (i.e. I don’t see any and at ISO 2500!) and good work with the flash. Not sure how this could have turned out any better.

Allen is right, Dennis, I don’t see how this could turn out any better! Wonder image, great details and a wonderfully smooth background. I hope you have some wall space left to hang this beautiful image!