How the world really looks

Another from the same stream as yesterday—I did say I had thousands of images, right?—with foliag of Red maples, bare branches and blue skies all being reflected in the slow moving water.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/80, f9.0, 100mm, ISO1600 with adjustments to tone curves and noise reduction in LR

That’s really nice John. I really love the colors and how they work together. If there would be anything I’d change it’s that the right holds my interest a lot more than the left. Maybe adjusting your crop to include more to that side? Just a really excellent image.

1 Like

I agree with @Cameron_Wilcox on his assessment here - I think the image is strong but the right is dominant.

HI, John. I love the strong red color contrasting with the blue water. The overall image captured flow in a beautiful way. It brings a sense of fluidity to a chaotic world.

I will echo what @Cameron_Wilcox and @Matt_Payne said. I wonder how more impactful the image could be if it were flipped 180 degrees causing it to be more left-dominant.

Hi John, wonderful reflection image! I like the color contrast and patterns. As others have noted, the image does feel a bit right heavy. Cameron had a good idea to perhaps crop this to a square crop including the right side only. This way the focus is on that pretty red/blue color combination.

John, what is not to love about this image, wow! I really am enjoying it. The colors really to contrast well, and the water movement created some wonderful patterns out of the reflections.

This is terrific, John. I love the colors, ripples. I like it as it’s presented, but it also works very well flipped “upside down” :slightly_smiling_face:

John,

These are gold mines when we come across these setups. Love the color combo and like many of these type water reflections, I really like how the bare branches provide structure and even contrast.

Also like many of these natural abstracts, there are countless options and alternatives. I see crops that incorporate the two halves, left and right, but of course personal choice and preference on presentations.

Great eye and great fun.

Lon

I’ve actually had fun with this and several other similar images breaking it into four pieces, printing each at 17x22 with no border and the mounting them as one large image with a 1/2’ white space between each. A cheap mega-print that also promotes looking at the pieces asa well as the whole.