Hummer Flapper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I locked into this male anna’s while he was perched and guarding HIS feeder and I waited for him to do something extra. I caught him moving his wing briefly while seemingly looking at me.

Specific Feedback

Cropping? exposure?

Technical Details

Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 1/3200th, f 9.0, 1260mm, ISO 10000, cropped to 2659 x 2027

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Great shot of the gorget, Dave. I like all the detail in the hummer and the wing position is nice.

I really like the head on view here Dave. Nice to get the full gorget in flames and cool wing action along with it. I like that you got catchlights in both eyes.

He does appear to be looking right at you, nice angle and good catchlight in the eyes. I like the BG and limb colors. But that head really draws the eye. Thanks

I like the head-on view . You really captured the color and detail in the head and gorget.

He’s trying to shoo you away! Nice capture! I wonder about a little more light, though?

Nice head on pose Dave and the color in the head and throat is terrific. Nice wing position too. Maybe trying upping the shadows some and see what you think. Nice image.