Hummingbird 800%

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is the same file from my avian post today.
Learning about Topaz Photo AI this image is more than 800 percent of the original file.

Specific Feedback

This file was upsized, denoised, and sharpened.
Your thoughts

Technical Details

Lumix S5 Topaz Photo AI

Steve, I looked at the other file and the Hummer looks nice and sharp. In this 800% blow up it appears on my screen to be pixelating. It just might be more than the image can withstand and still look good. I like the composition though, and the BG is nice and smooth, bring all the attention to the Hummer.

Wow, the detail in the feathers is amazing. They are amazing birds in themselves, how they were created to survive. Beautiful shot, super close up. I get to shoot hummingbirds mostly in August when they are migrating south. It’s a challenge!

Steve: Pretty amazing what the AI can do as well as the quality of the original capture. I’ll echo Shirley but do love the comp and the color. The reflection in the eye at this size is a bit commanding and is clearly more than a mere catch light which it appears to be in the wider view. Still a great shot and a source of envy for me. >=))>

I like the original post you referred to, but there is a limit to upsizing. I’m sorry to have to say it but your file had been trashed by being pushed beyond what was there. It has a plastic and then oversharpened look. Maybe someday AI can handle things like this, but not yet. How far things can be pushed varies greatly by the quality of the original capture.

The image at the size that first comes up isn’t bad but when I click to enlarge it, it falls apart.

Thanks everyone
@Diane_Miller I agree not there yet - but I had to try.

Great experiment with this one Steve. Beautiful bird. It came out pretty good, but I can see the points Shirley, Diane and Bill have made with this.