Your Majesty

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is another of my backyard subjects. I photographed it in my kitchen “studio.” It is a white Sweet William.

Specific Feedback

General feedback is very welcome.

Technical Details

I photographed it with aSony 7iv and my macro lens with no light other than the ambient light in the room. ISO 1600, 1/2 sec. f/22.
A focus stack of 2 images. Processed in LR and PS with artistic filters from Topaz Lab 2 , Nik Silver Efex , and Color Efex.

Interesting background texture and color palette, Barbara. I like the way the flower floats on this and personally, I find the tint pleasant.

Thanks @Dennis_Plank. It was an experiment to see what I could do with a not-so-very-attractive white flower.

Barbara: A really wonderful rendition of this little beauty. I love the tinting and the grain in the BG. Marvelously conceived, composed, captured and presented. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Thank you both, @Dennis_Plank and @Bill_Fach, for your very gracious words. This rendition was an experiment, and I was curious how it would be received. Postprocessing is an adventure for me. I like to stretch it into making the subject a work of art, not just a good photo. Your encouragement is most gratifying.