Hummingsnowbird

This is one of my winter resident Anna’s hummingbirds. There are several in my neighborhood. In the past several days, we had close to 10 inches of snow here. Generally, we get one good snowfall like this almost every year. I live at the bottom of a very steep hill and am currently unable to make it to the top of the hill to get out and do some shopping. I bring my feeders in at night to keep them from freezing and put them out first thing in the morning.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 1600, 500 mm, F8, 1250th, D 500, cloudy, 65% of full frame

2 Likes

Wonderful capture, David. Great angle of the limb and I love the snowflakes gentle coming down. There even seems to be a couple of flakes caught on the hummer. Are those buds about to bloom on the perch? Good to hear the hummers have a source of food even in the cold weather.

Bravo, what a great image. Everything that counts nicely in focus and, in my opinion, a nice and fitting bokeh (for the hummingbird in a snowstorm conditions) too.

So interesting, to see a Hummer in snowy conditions, never seen such a thing for myself. I do like the light, the diagonal and the bird itself (obviously). The falling snowflakes are a big plus to me. The snow in the LLHcorner for me ideally would have been less, but not much you can do about that I guess. All in all, a wonderful shot ! Hope you have enough food stored in your house :wink: . Cheers, Hans

I missed this one when you posted it, David. A very good image with nice light on the gorget. I hope you were stocked up on sugar.