I can't see the posted images at their full size. What am I doing wrong?

I’ve viewed images in the Landscape Critique area and have posted an image there. When I open a post I see a smaller image, which I assume is kinda a large thumbnail, but when I click on the image it doesn’t enlarge any. I clicked on Igor’s image, which 1600 pixels long side and it was nowhere near that. I posted an image that was 2000 pixels long side and the same thing happens. When I click on it, it opened up a new screen, but the image is the same size as the preview. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Bill, I’ve lost the ability to see any more images on Safari. At first it was the large images and now it’s all images. Everything works on Google Chrome for now.

Are you using the Safari web browser?

Could you guys give it a try now? I changed something, let’s see if it makes a difference. Be sure to refresh your page.

I’m using Google Chrome on all three home computers and IE on my work desktop. I have the same issue on all.

Sounds like a bug then. Maybe cookie related. Something we did that caused problems for the software down the line. I turned on some feature to send me emails with every post made on threads of interest. But it could be many things. It could be on the back end of the app.

Since this all started today I would look into any software changes that were made in the last 24 hours.

OK, whatever you did seemed to work. When I clicked on my image it opened a new screen and the image was the same size as before, but when I click on the new image then it went to the full size. Thanks, David. I’ll check some other images and let you know if I have any further issues.

1 Like

So this was the trade off for disabling right click to save full size images, you can’t see the actual full size image. Do we want full functionality, or a false sense of security? :slight_smile:

Full functionality gets my vote. I save them @ 72 ppi and at your suggested 6 parameter.

1 Like

David, Igor just told me he is still having the issue on Safari, but it seems to be working fine on Google Chrome.

Never mind. I restarted the Safari browser and the images reappeared.

So what changed, it was working with viewing the full size image and also not enabling right click save.

The code for that was very much a hack and it will affect different browsers and users differently, and as we now see it hurts the experience greatly for some users. I’ll keep looking into options Keith, but for now I have to disable the right click override.

Keith, you’ll be happy to know that this has finally been resolved. I think we found a way to disable right click on images without affecting functionality. You may need to refresh the page for existing images for this to work, but all future images should have right click disabled.

1 Like