I know your there

The Egret’s back side usually doesn’t provide the most flattering of angle too photograph, but in this case I believe the shot work, because of the action. The shot was taken in Essex, Ct on Sept. 13 at 10:30AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.3Ext, f9, 454mm, -1.3EV, 1/2000, ISO 500. The shot is cropped by 60% and I lowered the blue saturation in the water in DXO Photo Lab 5.

Really like the water action and the eye looks pretty sharp despite the sheen of water in front of it.

Good action but I think you can tone down those tail feathers just a tad. They seem a bit hot in a few spots. I love it when the catch or the stab shows the water splash.

HI Allen & Chris
Thank you for the comments. I played around with a local control point in DXO Photo Lab 5 and I think this is best I can do with the shot without making the whites look gray.
Peter

Nice action Peter. The pose works because of the action. Bringing down the whites on the rear end helped as they pulled my eye in the original post. I think you could bring the brightest ones remaining down a bit more and it would work even better.

Hi Peter,

The rework is getting there and the brightest whites can be tweaked some more as Dennis suggested. Awesome action shot with a splash…Jim

Good job on the repost. There is a little more detail on the white plumage. The action is fantastic.

Hi every one
Thank you all for the comments.
There is one more posting, I do not think the whites came be lower more then this.
Peter