Fishing

As you can see July 21, was a vary cloudy day. This Egret had been working its way down the Back River and just had to wait by the boot launch to get this shot.

Thank you for coming by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, 313mm 1/2500, F8, ISO 800. In DxO Photo Lab I increased the exposure by .8, Vibrancy by 22 and reduced the blacks by 22. I shot the Egret wide to protect the shot from a quick take-off and end up cropping 40% into a 16by9.

1 Like

Water activity, with splashes and concentric rings is a nice change from smooth water. The position of the Fish in the beak is also different with much of the fish being visible. Nice job in difficult light.

Really nice action shot. Focus is right on and I like the dof. Whites have lots of detail as well. Good for you to set up and wait for bird to come to you. I am curious about what the greyish shadow like streaks are coming up from the bottom of the frame are? Impressive birds.

Nice catch for you both! The fast SS captured the water droplets and splashes nicely. I like the detail in the whites and the pose is nice. I don’t mind that the bird is facing slightly away from the viewer, as it is obviously busy with its catch, which shows nicely. I like the balance to the subject provided by the subtle ripples to the right of the bird. The add interest to what would otherwise be some slightly awkward empty space. Most of the OOF FG reeds should be fairly easy to remove.

Love the action, Peter! The water splash add to the action feel. The ripples in the water are a nice add-on as well. Cheers ,Hans

Hi Peter,

I like the sharpness of the area around the egret, especially the water drops. The eyes of the egret show the concentration that the bird has in finding a meal. I like this as presented…Jim

Hi
Thank for all the comments. Diane removing large out of focus object, is not one of DxO Photo Lab strong point ( or maybe it me).
Peter