There is always one spot that need work

This is one of the few Egrets that stayed in Essex this past Sept. The shot was taken on Sept. 18, at 10:14 AM.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Cannon R5, Canon 100-500mm 1.4x at 599mm, f9, 1/2000, ISO 1600. The shot was cropped by 50% and I did a fair mount of adjusting of the selective tones, vibrancy and saturation, in DXO Photo Lab 5.

1 Like

I like the pose and the overall composition. There is good detail in the whites. Nice job.

I agree with @Allen_Brooks and also really like the colors in the water.

1 Like

Nice job, Peter. I like the position of the bird in the frame and the background nicely sets the bird off.

All said above – nice capture, and a great title! (I often have the same problem with my hairdo.)

Don’t you love how much you can crop with the R5!?

Hi Allen, Jim, David, & Diane
Going to the back bay in Essex was fun this year, because I could depend reaching this Egret with my Canon 100-500mm with the 1.4ext. As long as I staid a respectable distance the Egret would stay in place for me to get some nice photographs.
Peter
Ps
The R5 & 100-500mm with a 1.4ext has turned out to be a great bird photographing package.

Superb job on the plumage exposure in detail. I really like the pose and the composition. Perhaps another round of noise reduction on the background?

Hi David
DXO photo Lab only has global noise reduction setting (High Quality, Prime & DeepPrime). In repost I used DeepPrime.
Peter