I spy with my little eye . .

I think Steller’s Jays are one of the more attractive resident birds here in the northwest.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any. Yes, some loss of detail probably related to the high ISO.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/800 at 7.1; ISO 1250

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

He is gorgeous, Allen. I can see why you feel that he is one of the more attractive birds in your area. Can’t see how they can be much better. Excellent shot. I like the way he is turned and those feathers are showing off.

1 Like

I really like the pose - a true beauty of a bird too. I didn’t realize that they had two rows of bright blue on their heads. Well captured and nice image given the high ISO.

1 Like

Excellent Allen. Great head turn. I’ve had a couple coming to my feeder setup, but they’re incredibly skittish. I think I need to use better bait for them to make them stick around. Detail is superb in this one.

1 Like

Very nice capture of this Steller’s Jay, Allen! We have lots of them here in Valdez and I agree that they are gorgeous birds. They change colors from almost all black to bright blue depending on the ambient light which can make it difficult to get the exposure right. You did a good job with this one.