Ice Cascade

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken with Sony A6000, F18, 1/20 sec. ISO 100, -0.3 exposure.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Now that looks cold Patricia. This is a an interesting waterfall, and you came away with a nice image after braving these conditions. This wasn’t from this winter was it? If so you had more winter in western Mass than I did here in eastern Mass. I like how you used the foreground to frame the main falls, it does a nice job of creating depth. I normally like using a cooler WB for snow and ice images, but i downloaded this to play with it, and I think your purer whites work better in this scene. I think that’s perhaps due to the warmer greens and browns you have in the water. My only suggestion would be to add some stronger vignette along the frame edges to place more emphasis on the center.

Ed. Western MA had a lot of cold and after the early snow of 16" no heavy accumulation. Just a few inches now and then. Had snow coverage until a couple of weeks ago. This image is at the base of Shelburne Falls in early spring.

You really captured a great winter waterfall scene, Patricia. I didn’t get much of a winter in south eastern Ontario either. You can feel the cold looking at this one. I have to agree with Ed on adding a stronger vignette to focus on the center of the shot.

What feast of textures for the eyes. And a great sense of depth. I cannot imagine living where it gets this cold!