Icicle on a Twig

Not much to photograph outside nowadays with a lot of snow around.

Description: A small icicle on a twig.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + Tripod

f/11, 1/20, ISO 800

Canon DPP4 for Raw, PSCC, Topaz denoise on background, and minimally sharpened on the subject.
Is this a composite? no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ravi, I think you found something worthy of pointing your camera at. A fine look at this icicle on a twig. That nice smooth BG really makes it stand out. Amazing details in the twig and the icicle. I like how the icicle and the ice on top of the twig shows the colors of the BG through it, and the little cracks/marks in the icicle. Nice composition as well, I think. Nicely seen and captured.

Ravi: When I first glanced at the thumbnail I suspected this was from Mark, which I hope you will take as the compliment intended. A simple subject and comp but a compelling and very pleasing image. Top notch. >=))>

Amazing detail Ravi. Great reflections and composition. The OOF background works perfectly to make the twig pop. Wonderful photo.

Ravi, this looks great, you’ve got excellent detail in both the twig and in the icicle. It angles across the frame well also.