Immature Red-shoulder

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

A while back I was able to get some shots of some Juvenile Red-shouldered Hawks that were still hanging out near their nest. What fun! D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, 1/2000th, f 7.1, ISO 560, 500mm, cropped to 1440 x 1168, hand held, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice color and wing position. I do see some issues with the larger version and I think the noise in the dark under wing (birds right) could be created by AI clear being cranked up too much. Looks like the focus was on that wing as there is a little softness in the other wing that is lit up. Area behind the eyes also a little soft in the larger image.

Nice, Dave. Great wing and tail spreads. The sky seems a bit oversaturated to my eye and some of the blue seems to be carried into the whites of the bird, though that could be back light-I’m not sure.

Hi Dave,
nice spread wing pose and good use of space for him to fly into. The bird seems a bit soft to me especially the head.