Impression #5 + repost

original:

repost:

Impressions of my world.

I am hesitant to say too much about this image, as I don’t want to influence your initial responses and feelings. But would be love to hear your thoughts.

Taken last year - Nikon D7200 - f/9/ 1/160, iso 200 @105mm, tripod, studio shot with external lighting.

2 Likes

Wow, Linda. I see either insect wings or leaf skeletons against a wonderful backdrop. Either way, it’s fantastic!

I have the same impression as David, and I think you live in a magical world! Fascinating and beautiful!

Marvelous, Linda! Keep up the good work.

Great image, Linda. My thinking here is that you show two phases of the flowers life, the colorful anther with pollen (hope I used the correct English words) and the degraded leaves.

Excellent image Linda! The colors, layering of elements, and details in the flower resonate with me. I too am reminded of insect wings that are translucent. Creative and enjoyable image.

The almost rectangular shape in the upper left corner bothers me a bit. A slight rotation of the image clockwise may help.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and comments, @David_Bostock, @Diane_Miller, @Igor_Doncov, @Ola_Jovall and @Alfredo_Mora. It is fun to image what it could be. In actuality, this is a single image of a plumbago flower which I had dried and photographed on a light table. Then in PS I removed the flower from the white background. The background had some miscellaneous coloring which when I place a fill layer above the background layer and applied a vivid light blending mode (at 78%) created the colorful splotches. I then placed the flower/petal on top of the fill layer with a pin light blending mode. This created the skeletal appearance. Which, to me looks somewhat like a dragonfly. Yes, Alfredo, the ULC did need a little help, so thank you for pointing that out. I did a bit of cloning and content aware to fill in the space. Thanks again everyone for stopping by.