Impressionist - Blue Period

I think I posted this quite a while back at the old site, but thought I would revive it for this weekly challenge. I made the image in 2010. It is the Merced River in Yosemite. The chrome was quite blue as shot, as it was done using film in my 4x5 days. I liked the impressionist look of the colors and went with it. It fits the challenge.

Chamonix 4x5, 450mm from the looks of it
Probably Velvia 50, but I did not look it up

Harley, a very fine image from the archives to meet this WC theme. In many cases our chromes went too blue or magenta at times, but here it works perfectly as presented in rendering the deeply shaded pure snow runoff…:+1:

Harley,

Beautiful little water intimate. Certainly cool and blue, but not overly so. Just right. @Paul_Breitkreuz is so right about those Velvia transparencies; heck, film for that matter. If I miss anything, it’s holding that transparency over the light table…

Not much to be critical here. My only suggestion might be to do some “Harley texture cloning” in the brighter white-ish area in the LLC. Otherwise, just love the texture and other muted colors throughout.

Lon

Harley, you’re right about the Impressionist effect. I think it looks great, with all of the subtle tones from the underwater rocks adjusting the overall blue effect. The scattering of wet rocks adds a fine sense of movement that I don’t think would be there if this was all moving water.

The color is very Van Gogh-like, Harley. I love everything about this image except perhaps for the bright patch on the LL corner. Very well seen, very well captured.

Beautiful, Harley. A lovely running water abstract and the blue fits both it and the challenge well.