Impressions

Yes, what Linda did in PS is a very different thing and straightforward and simple. Stack the two layers and you can put the top in different blending modes. In the UL of the Layers Panel right above Lock. Difference gave a great result here. It’s also the go-to for manually aligning layers. It shows black in the areas where two layers are perfectly aligned and matched in density.

1 Like

Thank you @Alfredo_Mora for the Editors Pick and all of you who have given me such wonderful suggestions, comments and encouragement to continue this wild new find. I am still experimenting with various subjects to come up with a more predictable, yet still serendipitous, results. Not sure that make sense, but stay tuned. Thanks again.

1 Like

Congrats. You’re on a roll.

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the party, but have to say I much prefer the 2nd version. For me, the complementary colors fit the image’s story much better than is the case with the analogous colors in the first version. For me, it’s a very dynamic composition and the complementary colors add to that dynamism.

I could fully understand others preferring the first for the analogous color palette in that one. For me, that color palette has more of a zen calming effect. In many cases, I would consider that a plus, but not as much in this one.

1 Like

Thanks for your thoughts, RJ. The two versions have brought up some great conversation and opinions, which is one of the reasons I enjoy NPN so much.

Just going through older posts; this one caught my attention. You really create great work. Very inspirational, Linda!

Thank you so much, @J_Fritz_Rumpf for your very kind words. I do so enjoy photography and more recently working with ICM and unique stacking technique’s. However, at the moment I am very limited on the time I have available to continue this avenue. Perhaps in the near future I will be able to get back to it. Thanks again.

1 Like

I hope you will, as I enjoy seeing your work :slight_smile:

Linda, I’m not sure how I missed this, Linda, but I’m glad I finally saw it. I think I like the second the best, but that is probably the colors. Congratulations on Editor’s Pick!

Thanks, Fritz. This is my hope as well❣️

1 Like

No worries, Shirley. It seems to me these days there are more and more photos being posted everyday. Way too many for me to keep up with and respond.

1 Like