Incoming White Ibis

Seen on a swamp tour in Louisiana.

Canon 7D, 400mm f4 DO IS, 1.4x TC
ISO 400, f8, 1/2500s, hand held

Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A nice array with all in good sharp focus, Allen. I think a little more separation between heads and wings would be even better, but sometimes they don’t cooperate that much. It would constitute a fair amount of manipulation, but my eye would like to see the top and bottom birds switch places.

Very cool “formation flying” shot. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Allen, this is an outstanding group shot, and great they are so nicely in formation and separated. I really like how they are in synchronized gliding. As an option you could add a bit of space on the right, but works fine just as is.

Outstanding trio. Nice to have everything in sharp focus. A balanced image that creates a good composition.

Allen, this is a great look at these three Ibis. The clean blue sky behind adds to the sense of clarity with the bright whites and deep red heads. I saw a good number of these in FL and was most impressed in how hard it was getting the birds separated in a clean frame, like you’ve done here.

Neat shot and well done to get all three in good focus.

Very elegant image and splendid composition. Colors are superb. I like this image as it is, I find it very well balanced.