Into the Fog

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Love the mood @Larry_Herscovitch created here. The only thing I might play with is to increase contrast or whatever might draw the eye through to the sun. My eye comes back to the prominent foreground. I really like what is going on behind it.

1 Like

I agree, Greg. I’m not quite sure the composition works for me (personal preference) just because the tree grabs my eye and it never really gets to the sun. The moon and fog are awesome. Did you happen to take a shot to the side or a little bit higher at all?

Larry, I love the mood created by this foggy sunrise. Your processing of this image has done a nice job of maintaining the delicate feeling of the fog, it adds a sense of mystery. The exposure, contrast and color all look great.

But I have to agree with @Greg_Stokesbury and @cody, for me the tree acts as a barrier to my eye getting deeper into the scene, which is where I think the more interesting stuff resides. Part of this is because the tree is so large, it blocks the sense of depth otherwise contained in the image. And part of it is because the tree is so incongruous with the rest of the image. The tree is dark, well defined in shape and sharp, while the rest of the image is light, soft and diffuse. I think the tree just doesn’t mesh well with the overall mood of a foggy sunrise.

Modify processing to improve contrast.

Great mood here Larry and I like the revision.

It looks like you have a couple of dust spots visible in the sky. I’d remove those if you print this one.