Into the sun

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Beautiful day at the tail end of a storm as i was driving into the mountains just to get some fresh air i loved the light and the layering of mountains as well as the winding road so i decided to stop and flew my tiny drone to see the scene from a slightly elevated vantage point

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome.

Specifically about colors

Technical Details

1/2000 s
20 mm
F2.8
DJI Mini 2

Very nice image Aref… I would consider a vignette to bring the viewers eye in from the bright top and maybe darken the mountains just a bit.

That road looks very inviting. You ask about the colors. The variety of greens in the trees is pleasing. The clouds add interest to the blue of the sky. The road is dominating the scene. It has a great deal of importance. For me it takes away from the forest and the mountains. Cropping the lower third of the picture would eliminate much ot the road that isn’t really adding to the picture. It would then look like a panoramna . Then I think I would darken the road so it isn’t so light. Was this shot as a RAW file? Would it be possible to get some deatalil in the area of the sun or was that all blown out.? You have the problem fo shooting into the sun. In theory two separate exposures might help . I have no experience with this type of challenge and don’t know what you can do with a camera on a drone. Thanks, Aref, for sharing this breathtaking picture.