Iris sunrise

I have this “red” Iris patch and thoroughly enjoy it’s blooms, although I haven’t gotten a lot of quality photos. After overnight rain, I went to see what might be possible, before the wind picked up. While the wind was getting started, there were periods of quiet so I could get this 14 shot stack. The yellow center near the top reminded me of the sun rising, hence the title. (7D2, 180 mm Macro, 1/60 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod and cable release)

2 Likes

Definitely one of the more enticing flower fragments I’ve seen. At a certain level, it’s hardly even a flower, but that’s OK. The colors and elements hold my interest just fine.

Whoa. A whole new take on the iris. Very eye-catching.

Looks like a sunrise to me, Mark. . . .with rain coming down. Nicely done.

Mark, this is a really nice presentation, I don’t think I have seen an Iris photographed from this view point before. Very creative. It does seem like the “sun is rising”. The water drops are a nice addition as well. I can’t think of a thing that would improve this. Very nice. It has been very windy down her in NC too, and I don’t manage to get out there before the wind kicks up, so I haven’t been able to shoot much in the yard the last few days and be successful anyway. Maybe soon.

Hi Mark,

46 degree temps is keeping flowers away for now. Glad you snagged this one. Comp is very interesting and your photo summarizes the more interesting features of an iris flower. Water drops add significantly to the composition. Well done…Jim

I really like the waterfall perspective of this, @Mark_Seaver. I also like the close-up-ness of this. Great job with the focus stacking. That you could get this outdoors is super.