Iris

These flowers were on the narrow sidewalk near my home and surrounded by a paved road and apartment houses. So BG were distracting. I tried to get a sharp flower image and largely blurred BG at the same time using wide-open aperture and focus stacking. It was rather windy, so I had to be patient to get stable shots for focus stacking.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique or comments are highly welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes Focus stacking 19 shots with Zerene Stacker

Canon EOSRP, Canon Macro 180mm, f3.5

1 Like

You managed 19 shots! That’s amazing, as I usually manage about 7. There is an excellent balance of focussed flower and oof background here - and the green supports both. Super shot.

What an excellent capture of this beautiful Iris, Naofumi. I just love the colors of it. The oof background with some of the same flowers is a nice supportive background. I just love it. When I see shots like this, it makes me think maybe I am missing something by not focus stacking!

I love the lighting which makes it so vibrant. Beautiful bg and just excellent work… Larry

I like the composition and background colors. I did a very quick rework with just reducing the brightness just a little. The result is almost identical to your original image, but just holds a few more details in the iris petal.

Thanks for your rework, Patricia. Reducing the brightness really adds more details in the iris petal, and makes the image calm and mild. I like your rework very much.

Naofumi, this is an excellent stack. It shows the Iris beautifully with the background nicely out of focus and echoing the colors well.