Is it just another Crane from Bosque?

The light at Bosque Del Apache NWR can be spectacular. Trying to get the last little thing out of an image and composition after photographing the refuge for 20+ years can be challenging. I chose this image to share because the light was fantastic, the wing position of the flying crane was great, the few cranes sitting on the water added context and … the wingtip of the flying crane did not intersect with the crane on the water. Yes, I know that may be a small detail, but that’s the kind of details I’m after to decide if an image is a keeper or belongs in the bin…

Sure, I could crop out the lower left crane and maybe will later, but wanted to share the out of camera image (except for a small crop from the top).

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

OM-1
300mm f/4 + 1/4x
1/2000
f/7.1
ISO 1000

Processed with DXO Pure RAW, LR, PS

1 Like

Outstanding warmth in this photo. The detail on the crane and the blur on the birds in the water works really well for this composition. Both myself and Peter Morrisey use DxO photlab and have just upgraded to version 6.1. So there may be a new version of photo raw coming soon.

Wonderful, with such gorgeous light!! The details you noted make it perfect!

I could see cloning out the crane on the left but would hate to crop more than half of it from that edge.

Thanks Diane. In my post I mistakenly said “crop” when I should have said “clone”. I’d never crop that image from the left or bottom. My mistake on using the wrong word.