Island Fog 5

Winter day recently with strong winter fog on this island. I was intrigued by the tree trunk on the right yet drawn to the isolated shape of the center blueberry bush.

Specific Feedback Requested

My main concern is the left half and if this low vegetation balances out the weight on the right or if it is distracting. I like the triangle down to the center bush for composition. Would this be better cropped with left vegetation out?
Appreciate thoughts.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

I like what you’re after, here, but, while I find that all of the negative space works, or could, overall it feels too pinched on the bottom. Cropping from the left to a square aspect ration would help, I think. But I do like the way vegetation trails off to the left. Do you have more on the bottom of the frame that you’ve cropped? If so, I’d like to see added, maybe double what you have on the left side.

1 Like

I am agreeing with @Kerry_Gordon comments. Need more of the bottom from the vegetation on the LS . And with it, I think a panorama format cropping much of the sky will still get you the beautiful starkness and solitude of this image.

1 Like

I have made Kerry’s suggestion in v2 and both Kerry and Stevens suggestion to v3. I like v3 best .

1 Like

You nailed it with the third version, Mario! You distilled it down to the main elements with that one.

I prefer the last version-- the tree and FG vegetation on the right fade nicely to a sparser scene toward the left, and the extra sky wasn’t needed, to my thinking.

Nice work,Mario. V3 works for me .

The panoramic works the best for me, for the reasons already discussed. In fact even in the panoramic version I would wish to see slightly more room to the right of the tree. I know you placed the tree there for visual tension, I just feel like it needs slightly more breathing room on the right.

Ciao Mario. I enjoy this image greatly. I also appreciate the comments and alternative versions. The expanse of fog conveys a quiet austerity to me that is not conveyed with the panorama.
Additional vegetation in Version 2 is helpful, although I played with it and found that I preferred a little less vegetation at the bottom than is in Version 2

Thank you all for your time to comment. I am learning a lot from your different perspectives.