Jane

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I think it is almost perfect, looks like a studio shot to me…
You could make a lot more money doing this than all your other photography put together if you so inclined…
I might try to punch it up a tad, but I am not sure. It has nice “shine” to it if you know what I mean.
Beautiful child.
They just get better and more fun…

Upon further review, I think the pattern behind her is a bit distracting.
I take lots of Grandkid photos, It is challenging.

Hi Dan

Thanks. That pattern is one of my blankets. I used two for the shot. The one you see behind her was hanging from my card table. I will use the blur tool a bit!

Dan. Really nice of you to say it looks like a studio shot. Shot in my rec room. Baby swing pushed to one side, baby gym to the other, pak and play out of the way. My serene family room has turned into a nursery!

Just adorable! Destined to be a family heirloom…
The rare times one can catch this type of spontaneity are exceptional.
The “pose”, soft colours, eye contact and crop are all perfect.
As far as the pattern in the blanket, I think it adds a bit of interest. But it would be easy to blur it out and see what you think.

Now, please promise to DO this again!!! It’s delightful following a little person or puppy’s development!!
You’re SO lucky to have her close.
Sandy

1 Like

This is absolutely allowed and even encouraged and most adorable. This is an excellent image, the lighting looks very professional. The pattern does not bother me a bit. And what a cute granddaughter!

1 Like

Kathy: what’s not to like about an excellently composed photo of a beautiful child. My only suggestion would be to use a smooth blanket (as opposed to a patterned) blanket as you did in the foreground. Richard

1 Like

Precious, precious, precious. Beautiful image Kathy.

We too (well my wife anyway…) watch our 2 1/2 old grandson twice a week. I think the best part of being a parent is getting to be a grand parent!

I thought I would take tons of pics of my grandson - with my dslr. Honestly, turns out the quick convenience of the phone camera proves just as good. It’s catching those moments that are so wonderful and will create lasting memories. IMHO, studio/lighting will be ok for a little while - while she isn’t crawling, walking and moving around… Once they get mobile, forget about it.

Enjoy that little girl. You’re going to have more pics that you’ll even know what to do with!

1 Like

Beautiful child, beautiful photo. The foot in the air adds so much. All the light colors bring out her coloring and gorgeous eyes. Take all the pics you can now, while you can keep her in one place! Sorry, no ideas about lighting, but this is perfect as is.

1 Like