Japanese Magnolia II

I’m looking back at older images to see what has succeeded in past captures, as I’m just now finding some blooms ready to try to capture. This one was from 2013.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D3, Canon 300mm f/2.8 II + 2X, ISO 800, f/10, 1/400 sec, tripod. Single exposure, most of the BG is as it was recorded, except part of a FG bloom removed in LL and a very OOF dark area in the LR. I didn’t go back and re-process – left it as it was back then.

1 Like

I like the color shade and gradation of BG. It makes the picture a lot more beautiful and magical. I also like the picture frame. It matches the dreamy image.

I’m not much of a floral critic, but I like the softness of this photo. I, too like the nice border. The scene gives me a feeling of peacefulness.

Diane. For me the overlay is a bit too heavy. It is only my personal preference and it seems to work for others who have commented. The magnolia flower itself is stunning. The choice of a border line and mat work well to show off the isolated bloom. All varieties of magnolia are magical and one of my favorite flowers.

Diane, this photo is very pleasing to view, not only for the previous post but the simple presentation of the flower and overlay border which accents the flower.

Diane: Stunning image from capture to presentation. I like the framing. Most excellent. >=))>