Javelina Family

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A family of 9 Javelina wondered by our backyard yesterday. Usually are more nocturnal. Our patio is separated from the back desert by a metal fence. They were not the least bit intimidated by my presence nor was I concerned that they would get in. I was, at times, only 2-3 feet from them. I could never get all 9 together . The two little guys were obviously tired and decided to rest. Maybe waiting for the Agave to grow. The last has a Cholla stuck on his nose. A hazard we are all aware of while hiking in the desert. Easily removed with a comb or pliers, which we usually carry. He didn’t seem to care. They stayed for about 20 minutes and then wandered off. A neighbor told me of her recent experience she had when a group went through her screened back porch and destroyed furniture in their search for food. Spent most of the night and could not be discouraged. Even though the two little ones are pretty cute, we don’t mess with them and certainly don’t encourage them by feeding them.

Specific Feedback

Any comments welcome.

Technical Details

Canon R6, Canon 100-500,f/4.5,100mm,1/500sec.
LR with minimal adjustments.

Wow! Great series of this javelina family Charlie. The two napping piglets are super cute, and that last image with the cholla stuck looks really painful. Life in Southwestern Desert, huh? Sorry so late to comment. Just going through some shots from before I came back to NPN. Seems to be a lack of comments here in the Wildlife Category for some reason.

Thanks, Ed. Cute but, smelly.