Critique Style: Standard
The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.
Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive
About This Image
I recently grabbed this capture of a female hooded oriole enjoying our grape jelly. She seemed to enjoy it.
Feedback Requested
I am curious if this subject is properly cropped to tell the story.
Technical Details
Z9, 180-600 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, f 9, cropped to 2866 x 3268, ISO 16000, 1/3200th, 1170mm.
I love the pose, Dave. It looks like the focus is on the right foot instead of the eye-intentional?
Hi Dave
I think I agree with Dennis. Nice work.
Peter
The foot got nailed by the autofocus, but some manual sharpening to the eye will reduce this effect for sure. You could also reduce the saturations of greens and yellows in the BG which is very bright and competes with the shadowed portion of the subject. One thing that I do for oriole photography is to provide them with a natural perch so you can get some photos of them perched before jumping into the jelly feeder. Other than those suggestions, I like the pose which suggests the oriole was caught in the act of purloining some grape jelly. Well done…Jim
1 Like