Kalenchoe

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any that you have

What artistic feedback would you like if any? - Composition and lighting

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

This is a 20 image focus stack captured using my Olympus EM1-X, 60mm f/2.8 Macro
The images were captured, then stacked using Helicon. Processing done in LR, PS and Luminar Flex.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

This is beautiful, Keith. Love the colors and details in the flowers. Very nice.

This is beautiful…is this natural light? Looks like it and it’s just fantastic! I also like the natural vignette, perhaps augmented in post. There is a subtle halo around the flowers at the upper and lower aspects of the image…I suspect this was intentional in post but thought Id ask about it. Beautiful image Keith!

Hi Jim: Yes, natural light in a greenhouse like building. Those structures create really nice soft light. Yes, the subtle halos (I guess not quite subtle enough!) were intended to create a bit more separation between the flowers and the background. Thank you for your feedback!!

Hi,

A very nice image with a dark bg that brings out the orange red flowers. Halos are present and can be taken care of in post processing. The OOF flower bud in the upper LH side tends to draw my eye. Other than those minor nits, a very pleasing image…Jim

Keith: I don’t stack so I rarely comment on the quality of one unless there’s something egregious going on. What I do comment on is the overall excellence of this image. Wonderful lighting and colors especially and great detail where it matters. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like