Kandinsky Rocks + new version

@linda_mellor, @Diane_Miller, @Donna_Callais, @David_Haynes, @David_Bostock, @Matt_Payne, @DeanRoyer, @Phil_G, @Jack_Krohn, @gary19, @Harley_Goldman, @David_Johnston, @Mark_Muller

A big thank you for all your comments and suggestions. I went through another round of modifications per your suggestions on the small blue wedge in the ulc. I darkened it, then desaturated it, then lightened it. and then changed it from blue to brown. To my mind none of these changes were better than the original. Darkening would have looked more natural but this image is not about being real. I decided some color was a good thing in that corner. I’m leaving it as is. There is a small white spot in the llc that could be removed per Harley’s suggestion though.

3 Likes

Igor,

Way late here, but must leave a comment. Fantastic abstract of shape and contrast. I’ve often commented on detail-less black shadows, but in this case, those black shadows are shapes themselves and the contrast here is totally awesome.

Clearly about the abstract shapes - and more about geometry rather than geology. I dunno, there’s a vortex where the two orange and two maroon rocks are separated. Not sure if I can verbalize what I’m imagining, but think of a rock, or giant rocks, exploding in space - in slow motion, or frozen in time - think “The Matrix” slow-mo. Anyway…

Can’t imagine those blacks being deeper - but no matter, the processing and presentation here is outstanding.

Lon

@Igor_Doncov , This is simply a beautiful photograph. I do like the lightened edit though.

After printing this image I decided that you were right and I was right. The upper left corner looks better a bit lighter and more saturated. See above. Thank you once again.

1 Like