Kidney Leaved Buttercup

I see these scattered around in early to mid-spring. Small and barely noticeable.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/13, 1/30 ISO 800
Full-frame without cropping.
Canon DPP4, PSCC

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Forgot to attach the image. Here it is.

Ravi: If you forget to upload you can go back to the original post and edit to include your image which is what I did so that it shows up on the thumbnail page. Really nice comp of this little beauty and a fine capture against a good BG. Nicely done.>=))>

Ravi, this is indeed a fine look at this little buttercup. I’m not sure if it’s the same buttercup, but these are overtaking a number of the local pastures as well as parts of my yard (which I don’t mind). (Ours are invasive and poisonous to livestock.) They do make fine macro subjects. I like the mix here of a bloom going to seed and a bud waiting to open.

Ravi, a very nice image of this little buttercup. I too like the bloom and the bud. Always enjoy seeing both. Great details, and a very nice background.

Mark, This doesn’t seem to be an invasive kind. I really had to look for it. The other kind with bigger leaves seems to be invasive and I find them quite a bit, even on the road sides. Thanks for your comments.

Hi Ravi,

This looks very good and like the version as presented here…Jim