Leafy Spurge

Leafy Spurge is actually a flower, can grow like a weed in a prairie. But a closer look reveals the hidden beauty.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon &dII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/16, 1/100, ISO 800, a small crop all around for composition.

Canon DPP4, PSCC, NIK detail extractor and tonal contrast only on the flower. Topaz sharpen

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Ravi, this is a nice capture of this plant. I am not familiar with it, but I am enjoying the various shades of green, as well as the dew drops.

Hi Ravi,

Very nice. This is one of these shots that will also work as a square composition. The diagonals of those OOF leaves work well for keeping this version. well done…Jim

Ravi: This kind of image is what makes a macro lens worth it’s weight in gold. From eye level one would not have a clue the fine beauty within. The water drops are icing on the cake. Top notch shot. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Ravi, this is a great look at this often overlooked plant. Your top down view emphasizes the symmetry very well as does the gradually increasing softness in the leaves. The water drops are a special addition.

A very intricate flower and with lots of detail captured . I like the symmetry of the composition and could see a square crop also. As you have said some of the hidden beauty of nature.