Kissing Cousins

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We usually have Gazanias in our garden in the early spring. These are from last year and I’m anticipating more this year. Besides being pretty in their own right they’re also fascinating to watch through the day. In the evening as the light fades they close up and then in the morning they reopen as the light gets stronger. This pair opened at different paces thus the size difference which ended up being pretty close to the same at full flowering. The pollen dusting was too heavy to clone away so I just left it alone. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 100mm macro
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f8, 8 image stack

1 Like

Nice shot Bill. I love the colors against the green BG. My only thought was, I’d like to have seen all of the flower on the right.

Very cool!! I love the crop here. Not seeing all the larger flower gives a nice balance, letting the very interesting smaller one assert itself, and emphasizes the relationship between the two. The colors are perfect for the challenge and I love the way you have given a cyan cast to the BG, making it complementary. That makes the colors of the flowers even more powerful. I also love the way the flowers stand out so sharply in terms of focus. The subtle bun at the right edge directs the emphasis to the relationship between the two. Yummy!!!