Last Light on Mount Lafayette

At least I think it is Mount Lafayette; @Ed_McGuirk would probably know. Mike and I headed up to shoot sunset at Sugar Hill, NH as the clouds coming in increased the possibility of some nice color. We were not disappointed as the clouds lit up with some pretty intense warm colors just as the sun was getting ready to dip below the horizon. It was one of those magical evenings.

As always thanks for taking a look and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 145, f 16 @ 0.3 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Yes Ed that is that Mount Lafayette to the left, and obviously Cannon Mountain to the right. Hey the ski runs almost look like avalanche slides, no one will ever know the difference :grin:

That looks like springtime rather than autumn, it must have been lupine season. For whatever reason the weather patterns in this area often seem to put on a nice light show to the east at sunset. This composition works for me, I think you made good use of Cannon Mountain the way you included it here. The processing of the sky and clouds looks fine to me, you did a nice job with the pink/magenta colors. My only suggestion would be to slightly back off the blue saturation in the shadows of the mountains. But that is a nit, overall this s a very pleasing image.

The colors are very nice and are the focus of the image. Personally I would like to see just a bit more detail in the landscape.

Stunning sky Ed. I like your composition but agree with Richard on being able to see a little more detail in the landscape.

Ed, this is an amazing sky. I like how the cloud colors are reflected off the highest of the distant peaks.