Late Blooomers

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/15 @ f22
It’s hard to believe that on the last day of the year we have milkweed flowering and monarch caterpillars eating but I took this about an hour ago in our garden. I guess that proves what a mild “winter” we’re experiencing. A number of these caterpillars have gone into chrysalis stage and we even had a couple hatch. Many wishes to everyone on NPN for a Happy New Year. May you have interesting subjects and good light. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Oh wow, Bill, this is really nice. And I can’t believe it either, that you were able to day this shot on the last day of the year. Maybe we didn’t move far enough south, should have not stopped till we got to Texas! Nothing like that around here in NC. Great look at both the caterpillar as well as the milkweed. :+1: :+1: Happy New Year!

A gorgeous image, Bill. The colors a real draw and the fledgling monarch is a excellent point of focus… :+1: :+1:
Happy New Year back to you as well, Bill. And hopefully a happier new year for all the endangered monarchs as well as help and aid to all other endangered critters… :sunglasses:

Bill, this is a great look at this Monarch cat. The colors in the cat. and in the butterfly milkweed flowers are set off well by the green leaves and seed pods. Definitely a great happening for Dec. 31. Best wishes in 2020 to you and your family.

Bill,

Just beautiful, a wonderful capture.

What a great nature story too. The processing is excellent and those colors are amazing.

No nits or suggestions

Lon

Great Composition Bill. I love how you captured the action as he turned to get that tiny leaf