Winter Light

We still have a handful of flowers in bloom and today when Chrissy and I were moving Monarch caterpillars from stripped milkweed to better pastures I spotted the nice low winter light hitting this Gerbera just so. Once the caterpillar relocation was done I popped off a few images. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 1/40 @ f16

What an absolute beauty, Bill. Love the flower and the lighting on it. Great composition too. I never heard of having to move caterpillars to better pastures, but sure appreciate you doing that. We need to save all the Monarchs we can. I guess you live far enough south that is where many of the caterpillars are this late in the season. That, and beautiful flowers like this. Iā€™m jealous! So glad you were able to capture this great shot.

I really like the image and the flower. The higher tones seem a little bright to my eye.

Beautiful bright flower on these gloomy winter days Bill. Great detail and perspective. Iā€™m with @Shirley_Freeman, glad you found it and that the caterpillars are safe and sound in a new location. Nicely done.

1 Like

Lovely flower at an attractive angle. Gorgeous reds ā€“ I too wonder about toning down the highlights a bit, though.

Beautiful flower captured in a nice perspective. Agree with other on toning down bright spots.