Winter Light 2021

I wanted to usher in 2021 with an image I took this morning. It was relatively cold for us (40 degrees) with a light breeze but this clematis seemed to be enjoying the early rays. Shot this in water color mode and then added a canvas texture and oil paint filters in PS. I’m taking this as an omen that 2021 will be a gentler year than 2020. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77 II, Watercolor Mode
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/320 @ f8

Lovely Bill. The soft colors do reflect a gentle morning light. . . and I too would hope for a gentler 2021. I like how you have managed the post processing filters, there seems to be just a hint of textures without being overwhelming. Nicely seen, captured and executed.

1 Like

What Linda said, Bill. I sure am enjoying this image. Like what you did to it in post processing as well. Happy New Year!

Beautiful uplifting image to start the new year. I might clone in a little texture into the blown bare spots but no other nits here. Happy New Year.

Lovely flower - I like the brightness for the gloomy winter. I also like the subtle texture. Hope for a better 2021.

Really like the effect you achieved with your processing. The composition and subject are lovely.