Latest try at a Red-Wing Blackbird

I drove up to the Back River boat launch and this Red-wing Blackbird started to sing for the next 4 minutes. I started from this angle and worked my way around to head on shot. The biggest problem I had, was dealing with the red on its’ wing. I still don’t think I have it right. These two shot were taken on April 30, at 7:05 AM. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, +.7EV, ISO 3200. The shots are cropped by 60% and 50%. I adjusted the blacks and saturation on the red on its’ wing in DXO Photo Lab 5.

I’ve really enjoyed looking at this beautiful bird, Peter.

I’m not able to comment on the correctness of the red colour, apart from what I’ve seen of these birds, the colour looks good. The blacks look good.

The awkward pose is very interesting! You can see right into his mouth. And, I love the over shoulder pose he’s given you in the first image.

I like the blacks in both images, Peter. The reds work for me. There’s so much variation in them between birds that it’s hard to tell if they are accurate, but I’ve certainly seen them look like this. It does feel like the bird might be further right in ghe frame of the first image.

The reds look pretty natural to my eye and the blacks came out well. You caught a nice pose on the second shot with the wing spread and open beak. I like the environment as well and the background.