Laughing Rock

This is another I posted at the old NPN but it sure fits this challenge. I call it Laughing Rock but I could have more easily called it Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”. I found it in the Alabama Hills, eastern Sierra.

D810, 70-200mm

Harley, that looks like one huge empty eye socket at first, with some further looking I can see “The Scream”. Very cool how the lighter rock stands out from it’s surroundings.

Hi Harley,

The colors are subtle, but at ideal saturation. Screaming dude rock looks good and feeds one’s imagination. I especially like the transition between cool-neural-warm colors. Well done…Jim

Looks like Charles Laughton in the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I thought it was an ear lobe at first.

My first thought was “The Scream,” but having read @Igor_Doncov’s comment, I can definitely see an ear lobe. I do like how the colors of the rocks help to emphasize the “face.” What a great find Jim.

Very cool. Great texture and color. The Alabama Hills can be challenging. I like how the lighter rock stands out from the darker rocks.

I think the guy needs to see a dentist. :slight_smile:
–P

Harley, that was my immediate thought seeing just the thumbnail alone. This truly has the obvious trade mark of the AH’s. The granite formations there are the best in the west IMO. Fine observation and photo too… :+1:

Could be a very loud laugh or maybe a scream, but for me it caused an irresistible yawn! A good eye to see it and you framed it perfectly to focus on the face. Another nice choice for the challenge, Harley!

Harley: Appears to need some dental work :wink:. Nicely done.>=))>

Dark side: As the rocks on either side continue to press in, he screams for help.
Light side: A big guffaw.
Indifferent side: Yawn
Excellent.