Leaves in conversation

I can easily wile away an hour in the summer photographing hosta plants of which I grow many. I love the variety they present and the many faces they have in differing light. I found this combination of a portrait of the simple shapes of the small leaf set against the background of a larger, more colorful one particularly intriguing .

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony6000, 1/400, f/6.3, 210mm, ISO200 with adjustments to tone curves, sharpening and cropping in LR

1 Like

John, your image has a wonderful visual design! I love the sweeping lines in the background leaf and how they move my eye to the leaf in the foreground. The varied green and yellow tones work well together. Good eye and image!

John,

Certainly not as abstract as your recent images - In fact, I’d say this would be a great entry in to this week’s Challenge. I think the intruding - or protruding leaf adds tension and certainly qualifies as a novel composition.

For me, not as successful as your other images. The significant presence of the leaf is hampered by it’s softness and so for me distracts. I totally get the intention, but am wondering if the leaf were sharp and the bg softer…

If you have the opportunity, this littel scene could be worked qutie a bit!

Lon