Naturally abstract

Who could ever imagine something as lovely—and abstract—as a leaf of Hosta? I don’t remember the variety but always enjoy seeing this one come into season.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/200, f/5.6, 130mm, ISO 1000, with adjustments to tone curves, sharpening and noise reduction as well as cropping to 1:1 in LR.

1 Like

John. I love this, the colours, lines and composition. I’d only suggest that next year you close the aperture some to get it a bit sharper. That plant must be an endless source of amusement.

John, this one has a great energy about it. Love the shades of color, the patterns, and the composition you selected. Looks like stained glass to me. Great job!

What amazing color you found on this costa leaf. Great comp and cropping. The 1:1 ratio is perfect for this image too. I really like it. I agree with @Mike_Friel about the sharpening and would reduce the noise as well. I like Topaz Labs Photo Ai for images like this as their software does wonders on soft focus and noise. You did a great job of seeing and composing.