Leopard

I enjoy experimenting with motion blur with my wildlife subjects. I think my tendency is to pan with an animal on the move in profile, hoping to capture a sharp head or face against a blurred background, but sometimes more abstract images will come out alright.

This is definitely different, and won’t appeal to everyone, but I think I liked it because it symbolizes the stealthy predator slinking off through the grass quite well. Even without a face (heck, barely a head), it gets the point across.

Canon 1D Mark IV
Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS
ISO 100
1/4
f/5.6

Max

3 Likes

Oh, this is very cool! It’s all about the patterns and textures. And that little flip of the tail is a nice gesture. And it does get the point across!

1 Like

Max, this is really beautiful and striking. I love this style a whole lot. What I also like here is the contrast between the Leopard’s spots, and the wavy lines of the grasses. Yet, because of the motion blur, these two contrasting elements almost kind of merge. That’s a pretty fascinating outcome! Just great!

1 Like

Max, this is a fine abstraction of a hunter on the prowl. The subject and action are clear, yet there’s a lot of mystery in the view. It’s a very different take that I think works very well.

1 Like

Max,
This is a really creative presentation that makes me think of a dream in black in white. The mood is ominous and the B&W emphasizes that. Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like

I like this a lot, Max. The blur adds to the mood created by the leopard fading into the grasses.

2 Likes