Lift Off

Lift Off 2

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The rockets on the Launch Pad took off overnight and greeted me this morning. I took a number of shots from different angles. Had to do a bit of clean up on the stacks but I think they turned out reasonably well. I think I need to pull the trigger and try Helicon if I’m going to continue in this direction. There were seven flowers altogether this morning but sadly they fade quickly, only lasting a day or two. A few more to come. >=))>

Specific Feedback

Stack too sloppy?

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 GM-II
ISO 400, 1/125 @ f8, 12 and 9 images stacks

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:
2 Likes

I love the rockets’ pink flare Bill. These are gorgeous. It is really nice to have both top and side views for these.

Just stunning, Bill. The rockets really exploded. The top image is by far my favorite. My only small nit is the two left corners. I would clone something in them. It’s hard to tell from a web jpeg, but the stacking looks great to me.
:metal:

Details are exquisite along with colors and textures spot on. You could burn the OOF areas in the LH corners if so desired. Stacking looks fine and I did not find any artifacts. Stacked images seem to be the way of fashion in close-up and flower photography. It does add more degrees of freedom to artistic endeavors between subject and BG A fine set of images for a spectacular set of flowers…Jim

Bill, the first post is stunning. The lovely pink blooms against the spikes and swirls of the cacti makes a wonderful contrast. I do see some stacking issues in the largest view that may well be from using photoshop.

Bill, great to see the opening crescendo here with the two rockets. For me the first one is the ticket here… :sunglasses:

Two completely different interpretations here, Bill and both are lovely, though I’ll have to admit to a preference for the first. Not sure about the Lift Off, title-looks more like a launch pad explosion!
I can see a few issues with the stacking in the first image, but I had to look for them and no one but a fellow stacker would notice or care.

Both images have excellent composition and use of color and texture. I’m particularly fond of the contrast between the soft flowers and the thorny background in the first image.

Amazing flowers. Cactuses can put on an incredible show.

Fantastic cactus flowers, Bill. I really like both, but the top image is most captivating. The amount of detail there, without being overwhelming detail, is just fantastic.

And what contrasting views of the same subject (or at least same species if not same specimen): one all spiky and detailed and the other soft with killer bokeh!

I don’t see any stacking problems. Left edge top and bottom? Could just be bg soil or die back of another cactus. But is that what you are concerned about? I would just clone some cactus green over that. If that’s not it, care to give us a hint about where you see the stacking issues?

ML