Light Immortal, Light Divine

One of those lucky days while backpacking in the Sierra Nevada this past Summer. I don’t shoot grand landscapes often enough as I prefer smaller, more intimate scenes. But when the condition is right, why not. I am sure @Dave_Dillemuth knows exactly where this was taken.

D750, Tamron 17-35 at 17mm, f/8, 1/10, ISO 50, focus stacked of 3 images.

@adhikalie

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

This is beautiful, Adhika! I like the soft glowing light in the clouds. The receding rocks give the composition a lot of depth and point my eye to the dramatic peaks. One very minor note is that the composition feels just a touch tight with the bottom of the rock nearly touching the edge of the frame. This is very nicely done!

1 Like

Quite a beautiful scene, Adhika. I love the depth and richness of elements front to back. I could see bumping the luminosity, but that is very much a personal preference. Looks really nice.

1 Like

I cannot suggest anything to improve this wonderful photo. The clouds as especially nice. Excellent.

1 Like

Thanks, @Brian_Schrayer, @Harley_Goldman, @Jim_Gavin!

Brian, I was thinking about but I feel that the peak is a little off balance with more room on the left. So I didn’t compose for that in the field. But something to think about for sure.

1 Like

Wow . This is just gorgeous!

Adhika, I’d say it’s unanimous for at least two thumbs up here on this one…:+1::+1: Very well done and no changes from my perspective…:sunglasses:

Really strong image Adhika. Love the comp and the subject. I especially like the glow around the mountains to draw the eye from the darker foreground all the way up. Very nice.

That’s absolutely beautiful. I love the colours of the scene, nothing overpowering just a relaxing image to look at.

Awesome work.

Pretty much as good as it gets, Adhika. I would echo the tightness on the bottom rock, but super minor.

@Kathy_Snead, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Greg_Stokesbury, @Chris_Mitchell, and @Gary_Phillips thanks so much for the kind words. It’s not very often we get nice clouds for sunrise in the Sierra (in the Summer) so I count myself very lucky to be there at the right place at the right time.

That glow in the sky definitely lifts an already beautiful scene! The jagged peaks are fantastic, but also those three big rocks in the foreground work very well for me.

Adhika, this is a gentle beauty. You’ve got enough warmth in the sky to offset all of the “hard” grey rocks and a fine sweeping comp. There’s a fine quiet, contemplative mood here.

1 Like

Thank you, @Mark_Seaver!