re-post with color adjusting

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Tamron 24-70

1 Like

The lines here are terrific - with that one tree arching across the others. Are they really pink or is the magenta cranked a little too much? The greens look warm and on the yellow side of things so I’m a little perplexed. Gorgeous landscape slice though. Well seen.

Jao I agree with Kristen,the lines, diagonal of leafline and verticals of trees make this a strong comp for me. Processing is spot on as well. Nicely seen.

I agree with the others. The composition is really good but there are issues with the color. Tree trunks look magenta with some strong orange. I assume the orange comes from lichens. There is some blue in the dark foliage in the lower left corner that I would look at. It’s dark and therefore less noticeable.

But the overall idea is intriguing in both the arched tree and the bouquet of tree trunks on the left.

My comments are similar to those from @Kris_Smith and @Igor_Doncov , I like the composition, but have some issues with color. I like how the arch of the diagonal limb frames the tree trunks at the bottom. I really like the orange lichen ( bark?) on the tree trunks, to me its one of the most appealing aspects of the image . But the shadowed portions of the tree trunks do look too magenta to me. I also agree with Igor about the very cool greens in the LLC. Shadowed greens are naturally cool, but I would prefer to see the LLC warmed slightly.

Yeah, for sure the colour is tricky on this one. I rather like the magentas, though maybe desaturated some, but the orange seems much too strong. That being said, the composition is beautifully balanced and spot on. The branch arching up from the lower right against the strong verticals, really gives this image its dynamism. And the lighting serves to further accentuate the lines while adding depth.

Thank you all for your comenta.
@Kris_Smith , @Kerry_Gordon , @Ed_McGuirk , @Igor_Doncov i did a re-post with some color adjustement

1 Like