Twisted trunks

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
This image was taken with a Canon EOS R5, 91mm (24-105), 1/800, f/9.0, ISO 640.

@ajjski
4 Likes

Great composition, Art. I like the movement created by the crossing diagonals. I like your processing, too since I like dark images. One critique is that the image appears to have a green cast - not sure if that was intentional. Thanks for sharing.

A lovely combination of soft light, shapes and shadows Art. Really well seen and processed. I think the hint of green from the foliage in the shadows also adds to this peaceful scene.

Very dramatic looking Art, this is an interesting study in light and shadow. I like your use of really deep shadows here, it really helps simplify the scene. I also like that you kept the shadows cooler, it enhances the contrast . I think the background trees play an important role here, adding another interesting element that creates a sense of depth. My only suggestion would be to burn down the highlights in the lower right corner (LRC), to the point where the luminosity is equal to or lesser than the highlights in the center of the image.

Art, the shapes of the trees and the spot lighting are outstanding. I also like how the view is a bit off balance, with the relatively empty area on the left.

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions, and am glad you’re seeing things in the photo that appealed to me too.
@Matt_Lancaster The green cast wasn’t intentional but, once you pointed it out, I realized it had been subliminally bugging me. Looks better with the color corrected a bit, especially the highlights.
@Bill_Crich Thanks Bill, glad to hear the photo worked for you.
@Ed_McGuirk Good call, that area is less distracting with the burning.
@Mark_Seaver Thanks Mark, appreciate that.

I’m late here but want to add how much I like this! Very unique, with the wonderful lighting!

Art, fantastic lighting! I like the hint of green.

Thanks @Diane_Miller and @Mario_Cornacchione for taking a look and sharing your thoughts!

Wonderful use of light and shadow play Art.

Thanks very much Eva!