Liquid Golden Leaf

Unfortunately, we do not have spectacular waterfalls in our region, so I like to focus on small river scenes like this. As soon as it rains more, these rivers absorb more particles from the bogs and get this light brown tone that I like very much. As soon as the foliage falls from the trees you get these great splashes of color in the dark water.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
ISO 320 300mm f/13 1/15sec
I have opened the colors a little and an a few represent the clarity increased. In addition, a little darkened and brightened.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

This looks really good, Martin. Great lines in the water and the strong color in the middle works really well. I would either burn down or clone out the greenish rock LRC, but otherwise, comp and processing look really good.

Beautiful Martin. The lines, colors and rhythm give such a sense of energy. Very nicely seen and processed.

Martin, this is an excellent view of this moving water with some interesting underwater bits. I especially like that single trail from the flying drop in the lower left. The weekly challenge works by asking people to post between midnight (Eastern USA time) on Sunday and 11:59 pm (Eastern USA) the next saturday. Since you missed that time window, this good looking view won’t be eligible for the editor’s pick. I’m looking forward to seeing timely posts from you in the future.

I really like this image, Martin. The movement is clear and crisp, the lines are dynamic, the colors of the two central leaves are bright, and the overall composition is balanced. I’m a big fan of capturing motion of water and this one is good. Nice work!

Near the LLC I see a light line at a sharp angle upward. Do you see it? Is that a splash?

I love the colors and lines in this. I can imagine that you look forward to this time of year/this spot yearly,

I wonder if you’ve thought about some flip and rotation, I get an up sense of flowing upstream with this as my eyes want to read left to right. Here is in possible flip.

This is great! The contrast and silkiness are very pleasing, as well as capturing a quick but impactful moment with the leaf in the water.

I feel like the top of the image isn’t adding much for me, maybe crop it off like this?

1 Like

I love this image Martin. Beautiful, deep, dark, rich colors flowing here. Well done!

Hi @Harley_Goldman . I wasn’t sure about the Leaf. On the one hand I found it distracting on the other hand there is in my opinion a size diminsion and a reference to the foliage.
Best greetings.

Hey @linda_mellor Thank you very much. I’m glad it appeals to you.

Hallo @Mark_Seaver . Thank you for the clarification. I am glad that they mention the drip as it is also a nice little detail for me and you will find even more in the background. Next time I’m punctual. Best greetings.

hey @Matt_Lancaster Thank you for the positive and great review. Yes, there are water drops, in the backround there is even more to be seen. I found it very harmonious from the beginning. it gives the image naturalness and does not make it seem steriel.

Martin, I like this image very much. The colors and the water lines are great. A very good small scene! Eventually, the green thing at the lower right corner could be erased.