Golden leaves framing a peaceful lake

Description:

I noticed this line of golden leaves in one of the lakes in canada on my last trip and loved how they are lined with the rocks and the lake framing this beautiful picture with the trees and mountain. There was a strong wind but I wanted the water to be like glass so the golden leaves will be emphasized so I did a long exposure.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any feedback welcome but mostly with post processing - noticed some some blue tint in the histogram and tried to fix it and not sure I did and tried to bring back some of the color in the sky and not sure if I went too far.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Sonya6000 10-18 lens 16mm, f/14, iso 100, 6 sec, nd filter, tripod, shutter release.

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) no

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Tamar: Nice use of your ND filter to give you the long SS. I like the effect on the water and FG grasses. My only suggestion would be to consider cloning away the moving branches in the ULC which do grab my eye a bit. Nicely composed and executed. >=))>

Thank you. Do you have a suggestion as to how to clone the branches without hurting the composition? I tried several different ways and struggled with it. Thanks

Tamar, this is a lovely scene, where your long exposure has smoothed the waters. The leaves and shoreline look very good. I’m fine with the waving branches, they fit visually with the smoothed water, adding another subtle component to the story shown.

@tamar-aharony It’s interesting that in making the water smooth, you are showing motion in the grasses and trees. The line of leaves is also nice in the foreground. Motion does add something to the story to me. I didn’t notice the branches to the left, but now I can see how they might be distracting to some viewers. I wouldn’t miss it if some of the tree was cropped off from the left, but it wouldn’t change anything for the branch the most to the right so I’m not sure that’s helpful. :slight_smile: Nicely seen.